Blogging Tools & Resources
Where my blog calls home :-)
-No coding skills needed BUT you can build your site with code if you want to. Hundreds of beautiful templates to choose from.
The best part? Wix ADI can build it for you!!
Click the link above and see for yourself!
Build a site for free until you are ready to take it live by purchasing a domain and premium plan so you can get indexed with Google.
Clean, Crisp templates. Easy, drag and drop editing. Start a 14-day trial to see if Squarespace is right for you.
Cloud-Based File Storage
- Free 15 GB of storage! I love all things Google. They are on the fast track to ruling the Internet, the world, even! Boasts the same features as MS Office such as Sheets, Docs, Forms, and Slides. You can even upload your MS Docs into GoogleDrive & Share files. Plus your storage isn't used up by Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, and Sites!
- It's a folder I have in my desktop files for easy cloud storage. Send & share files with others. Comes with 2.5 GB of free space. You can earn more free space by completing their getting started guide - I earned an additional 25GB! Refer people (like I am,) and contribute to their community forum. It's a no-brainer!
Free Cloud-Based Accounting
- Invoicing, receipt scanning, profit & loss statements, payroll, income and expense tracking, reports, connect multiple businesses, invite your accountant to collaborate and much more!
Did I mention it's FREE??
Free Invoicing With
-Free invoicing with your premium account. Accept payments for your invoices with Square, Stripe, Moolah, PayPal
or Offline to accept Cash or Check
-SquareUp offers a Free account with invoicing included. Collect money in person or email an invoice that allows your customers to pay through SquareUp and have it deposited to your bank the same day. (Debit Card set up required for same day deposit)
-Free invoicing with your business account. Accept payments for your invoices with PayPal.
Graphic Design & Image Editing
-Have you heard of Creative Market? It's a design marketplace where creators around the world sell unique fonts, graphics, photos, templates, themes, and more. They also give away 6 free products every week! I'm addicted to Creative Market. Check it out:)
-Free & Paid Memberships. Learn to create graphics for your blog, website, business cards and more. Templates are provided or you can design from scratch. I created this PDF using Canva! I'll be adding Canva tips & tricks videos to Youtube and Facebook. Be on the lookout.
- It's Canva and PicMonkey rolled into one! Their interface is user-friendly and you don't have to sign up for a free trial to start using it! This platform is my personal preference for editing screenshots and creating drop shadows. You know, that cool effect that makes your image/graphics jump off the page?
- Being a Photo Editor, Image Creator, Design and Collage Maker, this platform does it all. Start with a 7-day free trial to see if it's a fit for your business.
- Ok, this one is my go-to for eBook templates...they even have free ones. All you have to do is brand the template pages with your colors, fonts, and content. PRESTO!
Color Palette & Hex Code Generator
- Upload an image to their site and presto! The colors hex code is generated for you. You can get the colors name and convert its format to get the RGB/HSV/HSL/CMYK values. Need to view colors for branding inspiration? They have a color chart and color picker with a slider to find the perfect colors for your brand or projects.
- A web-based project management application offering free and business class packages. You can earn free Trello Gold Months when someone accepts your invitation to join.
You can take their tour here: They even have brief webinars using example boards to show you how to use their platform. You can use this platform for business and personal life. I Love you, Trello:-)
Social Media Scheduler
- I can't live without this all-in-one social media scheduler.
Stumped on what to post, where, and when? Tassi has done-for-you graphics, pre-written statuses, and a calendar uploaded with prompts for each day of the month.
All you have to do is make an edit or two, add hashtags and a URL and in 1-2 hours, you have social media posts going out ALL MONTH LONG!
- I prefer this platform because It integrates with the 4 most popular platforms out there - Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
Their free plan gives you 30 posts per month, per platform. You can earn 10 more posts per platform each month when you refer a friend
- Every Bloggers Bestie when it comes to scheduling pins to Pinterest.
It's now possible to schedule your Instagram posts, too!
-Use Tailwind Tribes to enhance your pins reach
-Create lists to quickly share your pins to multiple related boards and group boards
-Smartloop your popular pins to the top of popular boards.
This platform is my go-to for scheduling evergreen posts. Evergreen content is content that gets repurposed/reposted after a specified amount of time that you schedule it for.
Set up your RSS feed and SmarterQueue will pull all of your blog posts and with a couple of clicks, you're schedule is loaded with content to post on autopilot.
There is so much more that SmarterQueue offers so you might want to click through to see for yourself why I love it so much. You'll get 30 days for free! Have fun playing around!
- IFTTT stands for IF THIS THEN THAT. IFTTT is a free tool to get all your apps and devices talking to each other. I haven't started using this platform yet, but I have been browsing and am excited to learn how to use this.
I can't wait to sync Alexa with my Google apps!
RSS Trigger - Add your blog to your service and your users can help spread the word by automatically sharing your new posts on Facebook and Twitter, or they can set up clever alerts like blinking their smart lights when you publish.
- Acts as the string that ties different clouds together. You are able to select an event on one application that will trigger a different event on another application.
- Comes with a library of already made triggers
- Create multi-step zaps
- More than 750 integrations
Example: Set up a trigger that when you post to your Instagram, that post is triggered to post to your Facebook Business Page, saving you tons of time on Social Media.
Linking Services For Instagram
- Never change your bio link again. Linktree is a free tool for optimizing your Instagram traffic. You’ll get one bio link to house all the content you’re driving followers too. Send followers anywhere: articles, website, events, freebie page, ecomm store, Etsy, and more!
FREE plan and an affordable paid plan unlocking more features
- Similar features to Linktr.ee but with a cool interface. Affordable plan. Worth checking out if you have the budget
You can use the Sharing Debugger to see the information that is used when your website content is shared on Facebook, Messenger and other places.
The Batch Invalidator will let you refresh this information for multiple URLs at the same time.
If you are a Wix user, the Debugger will be your best friend. You'll use it to debugg and fetch the image to be shared from each blog post. Without it, the incorrect image may be pulled when sharing your blog post URL to Facebook.
Free & Paid Stock Photography
- Sign up and get instant access to 550+ stock images to use on your blog plus 2 free each month sent to your inbox.
Why stop there? Purchase a yearly membership for only $120.00. Here is what you get every month:
- 2700+ Photos & Graphics
- 100+ new photos monthly
- 30+ new social media quote graphics monthly
- Access to all the VIP Exclusive Photos
- 60+ new VIP Exclusive Photos monthly
- Access to the Single Image Search Library
- Works out to $10/month
- Cancel Anytime
Nobody can beat this price!
Free Stock Photography
- Free stock images that you can use and while you're at it, donate to the artists! Browse categories and even search for photos by color! I especially like that feature.
*WITH ALL YOUR NEW IMAGES, I SUGGEST CREATING A FOLDER TO KEEP YOUR DOWNLOADED IMAGES IN AND RENAME EACH IMAGE TO INCLUDE THE PHOTOGRAPHERS NAME BEFORE YOU SAVE IT. THIS WAY YOU WILL HAVE EASY ACCESS TO THEIR NAME FOR PROPER CREDIT WHEN YOU USE THEIR IMAGE.
Video | Screen Recording
- Sign up and get started for free or pay for ad-free use for a mere $24/yr! Upload videos automatically to Youtube or GoogleDrive.
Record for up to 10 mins with the free plan and unlimited minutes with paid plan plus editing capabilities. The best part, if you opt for the paid plan, you get Focus Mouse, Draw with Pen, Embed Webcam and Crop & Trim Features.
- This is a great option if you're looking to create tutorial videos. Some key features are a highlighted, circular mouse to draw your viewers eye to where you are working on your screen, keystroke visualization to show what key shortcuts you're using, mouse spotlight, on-screen pen and a screen magnifier for us blind folk haha. You won't need this if you opt for the paid Screencastify plan mentioned above.
Google Chrome Extensions
- Capture all or part of any web page. Add annotations, comments, blur sensitive info and share with one-click uploads. Play around with this tool and I bet it finds a permanent home on your Chrome Extension.
- Grammarly will make sure your messages, documents, and social media posts are clear, mistake-free, and impactful. I love this tool. When your typing a million miles an hour, you don't don't have to stop because when you go back to fix typo's, Grammarly is there with you every word, sentence, and paragraph. Upgrade to the paid package to unlock even more capabilities.
- Lets you choose a font from the Google Font API directory and apply that font to the entire page or a specified CSS selector to see how it looks. Useful when you're designing a website and want to quickly find a font that will look good. If you always use the same fonts, you can star them for quick access.
- With this extension, you can inspect web fonts by just hovering on them. It's that simple and elegant. I love this for when I'm perusing other websites and stumble upon a font that makes my eyes pop! With Whatfont, I can hover over the font and voila! It tells me the name of the font in question.
- This tool is ah-maz-ing! ColorZilla lets you get a color reading from any point in your browser. You can quickly adjust this color and paste it into another program. You can analyze the page and inspect a palette of its colors. You can create advanced multi-stop CSS gradients. It's a "Where would I be without you" kind of tool.
- Page Ruler lets you draw out a ruler to any page and displays the width, height, and position of it. Very handy when designing.
- The heat map colors and the first ms value indicate at what point in the page load, the image finished loading. It's a good indicator of user experience. "It took 3450ms before the user saw this image." The second value in brackets is the time it took the browser to load that specific image. Nobody wants a slow loading website.
- Limitless turns the new tab into a beautiful dashboard to easily identify where your time is spent and gives productivity suggestions. The dashboard also includes a smart notepad and To-Do.
- Edit categories, websites and decide what counts as productive.
- Weekly, monthly productivity reports
- Access your frequently visited sites
- Gorgeous photography to inspire and focus.
- Pause button gives maximum privacy when you need it.
- Apps button takes you back to your default New Tab.
-SEOquake has useful tools, including, the SEO Audit tool, the Keyword Density report, Internal/External Link analysis and even social metrics.
- Check My Links is a link checker that crawls through your webpage and looks for broken links. How convenient is that?? Hello, timesaver!!
Scheduling & Booking
- Calendar Integrations - Time Zone Intelligent - Works with your apps - Flexible - Website Embed - Custom event times - Works on all devices!
- When you upgrade from a free account to a premium, you can opt to include online booking to your membership. People can sign up for services or for group classes.
Pdf Creator | Filler | Document Signing
- Create documents that need to be signed or fillable pdfs.
It's connected to google and you can share your document as an email attachment, to Facebook & Twitter or copy the link to share. Download your Doc or PDF to your computer, Google Drive, Gmail, Classroom, Dropbox and OneDrive.
- I previously dabbled with Pdf Escape and enjoyed using it. Take some time and click around to familiarize yourself with the tools they offer..
30 Day Free Trial. 6,252 courses in Business, Technology and Creative Skills taught by industry experts.
BONUS: When your free trial is over and you choose a paid plan, FIRST activate your Ebates extension because you'll earn 10% back!!
- Online classes in Creative, Business, Technology & Lifestyle. Learn or become a teacher! Sign up and receive 3 months for $0.99!! You can keep the basic, free plan (1,488 free classes) or upgrade to premium (16,994 classes) for only $8.95/month (Annual Plan) or $15.00/month
- 7 Day Free Trial - As soon as you click "Free Trial" the software downloads and your trial begins. So if you're not ready to start learning, I suggest waiting to use this one.
Create logos, icons, sketches, typography and other vector art with Adobe Illustrator CC.
>> TIP <<
You can sign up for Lynda's free trial and browsed tutorials. When you're ready to implement what you've learned, you can sign up for Adobe's free trial.
Email Service Provider
- Easy to use and has many features for beginner and established bloggers alike.
Free for your first 1000 subscribers and then it's still the most affordable platform on the market.
Drag & Drop editor, Automation, Segmenting, Groups, NO CHARGE FOR DUPLICATE SIGN UPS! High fiving ya!
- Email marketing, eCommerce Marketing, Custom Sign up forms, Landing Pages, Analytics, Reports, RSS to Email, Instagram Ads, FB Ad Campaigns, Email Designer, Marketing Automation, List Segmentation and Groups, Product Recommendations, Abandoned Cart...Need I say more? Oh, and how does free sound? At least until you reach 2000 email subscribers!
Email Marketing Done-For-Your Templates
- Avoiding that email list you're building? Even if you have 1 subscriber, develop an email marketing strategy, now!
Ready to fire up your email strategy and build a list filled with people who open your emails?
Here are 50 Email template ideas (WITH 3 BONUSES!) you can use to ignite your email marketing strategy as a new blogger.
Digital Shop | Sell Your Digital Products
- Why not keep YOUR traffic on YOUR blog? Set up a Wix Shop and start selling your digital or physical products.
Wix offers an affordable e-commerce subscription as well as a membership feature that is included in any premium plan which allows for recurring monthly payments as well as one-time payments to sell your digital products.
Creating a course is easy to do on your own site, just be sure to map out your plan first because you'll be creating quite a few landing pages to hold all of your course modules.
YOU CAN SET UP AN AMAZON SHOP TOO!
Just add the Amazon Shop from the Wix App Market, upload your products, promote your items and your shop and make affiliate income!
Each shop can hold 30 products. Simply add more shops to add more products.
- Popular platform and I can vouch for how awesome it is.
It's the only platform that offers a free plan with an unlimited number of courses and students.
You can even integrate your website with a sub-domain so that your school matches your blogs look and feel.
So many great features! You've gotta go check them out for yourself :-)